Welcome to the First Reconciliation program for 2022
Children of the parish who are in year 3 or above and have been baptised are welcome to join. All of us in the sacramental team hope that the program will be enjoyable and informative for the children and parents.
Our basic message is that God loves us and wants the best for us. Of course God is always ready to forgive.
We will have an enrolment Mass at 10am on Sunday, 24 April. Please come along with your children where you will make a commitment pledge to the Reconciliation program.
We will have a Parent Information evening on Wednesday, May 4 at 7.00pm in the church (children do not need to attend this meeting). More details will be given then. However, to help you plan:
• Classes will be on Tuesdays or Thursdays commencing in the church at 7pm. Classes will last one hour. You can choose to attend either Tuesday or Thursday evening.
• There will be 4 classes, one each week, starting on Tuesday 17 and Thursday 19 May
• Either Bishop Danny or Fr Richard will speak for 10 minutes to everyone and then you will form groups with max 8 children per group with one parent/guardian per child. Each group will have a parent leader and you will follow a book specially prepared for that session. These groups will then move to the hall or church gathering space for their session.
• At the parent information evening we will ask you to form groups, pick up your books and pay for the program ($50 per child, cash and credit card accepted).
• Mass attendance during the program is required, since the sacraments are an initiation into the Church and one of the basic features of our faith is that we gather on Sundays for Mass
• First Reconciliation will be celebrated in the church on Tuesday 14 and Thursday 16 June at 7pm
• Children who have celebrated their First Reconciliation can then go on to celebrate first Holy Communion in term 4
To register your child for Reconciliation, please click on the following link:
We hope that you and your family will find the Reconciliation program family friendly, interesting and enjoyable. Please contact us at the parish office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.